Monday, April 09, 2007

One Month Old

El Pablito, aka "Sweet Baby" (n.b. the personalized onesie) turns one month old today. I've known him for 15 days now, none of them quite long enough. It's been a happy adventure so far, as I've travelled down to Antigua to foster my new baby boy during the long and unpredictable journey that is today's Guatemalan adoption process. I may be here for six months, or twelve, or ...? but at this point the long timeline stretching out in front of me feels much less important than the hourly questions: is it time to eat? to sleep? to have a diaper changed? to be picked up? to be put down? Luckily for me, Pablo has made all of those just about as easy as possible for a new mom to answer. He is a sweet, sweet boy, and appears to have a remarkable amount of patience with his experimentally minded mother.

Of course, even the best temperaments have their limits.

6 comments:

cochondelait said...

hey Esmama
how do you manage capital letters? one handed breastfeeding typos are my specialty.

and my, how do you have time for a blog! well, thank godd/ess you do.

love to you 2

hohengoeft and all its peuples

Paige said...

Okay, your first pic brought tears to my eyes - what a beautiful little guy!!!! I don't think my son was ever that tiny. Here's to life in GUA, and meeting you face-to-face in Antigua in the near future.

HOll said...

Dear Pablo - Boy, are you are cutie. I love your photos on your mama's blog. Please tell her she has done a great job. I will keep you both posted on whether I'll make it down there...perhaps June.

-Nurse Holly

SlushTurtle said...

Bahha- I love the easter egg picture! That is priceless!

Looking forward to following your journey through your blog! (Tara with an "a" from FTC)

erinberry said...

That is an adorable picture of Pablo with the Easter eggs!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.