Sunday, September 30, 2007

out out out out OUT!

I can hardly believe it, but it is indeed true -- I have in front of me the official word from the Procuraduria General de la Nacion: we are OUT. I got the call on Friday afternoon, long before I expected it (other FTC families have been waiting over 9 weeks; I managed to squeak through in the merest 8 weeks plus 1 day). I believe the tias (my aunt Anne and cousin Sasha) have brought the most excellent karma down to Guatemala -- we've had a wonderful week together, with sunny skies, consistently tasty meals, and now, to top it off, the best news of all. Pablo is freed from house arrest, and we've been galavanting about town this weekend to celebrate. Now we await the completion of the final part the process -- deed of adoption, birth certificate, second DNA, passport, visa, embassy doctor... home. I will be home for thanksgiving.

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers, thoughts, good wishes, and general support. The journey has just begun!

the good-luck tias

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the great news and wanted to let you know how happy we are for you and little Pablo! Congratulations!

ale said...

OH MY GOD. I am sooooooooo happy!! With nothing but bad news from the past weeks, I opened your blog dreading more bad stuff...This is excellent!

Doing a mini happy dance for you and el Pablito!

Esther said...

Hi Esme, I am so happy for you and Pablo! WHAT A SUPER HAPPY DAY THANKSGIVING WILL BE FOR THE BOTH OF YOU. Congrats, Esther (FTC) http://www.youbelong.net/emarie password: butterfly

Anna said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful, wonderful news.

xxoo

Sharon said...

Oh, Esme! I have been praying for you and Pablo. I am so thrilled that you are OUT. Many congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Esme! How thrilled I was to see this WONDERFUL news! I'm sure you are happy beyond words...Congratulations to you and Pablo. Enjoy the rest of your time in Antigua!
Valerie

Turtle Lover said...

How marvelous!!! We are so excited for you and Pablito to return home. We all hope to meet him soon. Thought of you as I ran the pie race yesterday (alone, and no one to pass the pie to!) xoxoxo Kristin, Andrew, Ben and Romy

Michelle Smiles said...

Better late than never - congrats on your OUT and on your regained freedom!

art-sweet said...

AWESOME!!! Congratulations Pablito!

Jeanne Murphy said...

Esme & Pablo -
Are you home yet?
Can you let us know how you're doing? I've been following your blog quietly here, but I'm worried that you've posted nothing in a long time. Hoping all is well, and to see you sometime soon in the big City...

Anonymous said...

Esme,

Great news- eight weeks and one day! I'm so pleased to hear that you are out and I hope by the time you see this, home for good. All the best to your family. from Elena Sofia and Karen

Renae said...

Hi Esme! Really enjoyed looking around your blog. So happy for you!

Renae from adoptivebreastfeeding.com

Anonymous said...

It is now Jan 08 and no news - are you home? is all okay? How is motherhood now you are back home? So many people are waiting to hear that all is well - we really hope it is.

art-sweet said...

Hola Esme... are you home? Hoping all is well!